Artwork About Blog Contact Store

Process Shots Part Deux

Ive recently been on a creative streak that is downright scary. It's great to create artwork for myself and put my every effort into it, and when i do, good things happen.

Ive been documenting the process that i go thru to get from step one to the finished piece.

I started out with a sketch of what i wanted to do, i usually get the base figure down and start adding, however this time i wanted to just get to work on it and let things happen as they came. I placed the background down on parts knowing that most of it wont even be shown.

I laid another layer of what i wanted the hair and the skin to start looking like and did as broad of space as i wanted to be there. i wanted to do a native scheme but with some intense colors.
At this point i knew where i was going with it, i use bic pens and pen and ink for my fine lines, using it ontop of acrylic it all comes out like butter. I had a hard time with getting the color right on the top she was wearing. i wanted a ruby red but thought it would clash too much with the face paint. so i ended up using about 4 different colors but couldnt get it right.
This is the final shot, i think im done but might do little things here and there, i dediced to overlay other colors ontop of the big yellow spaces i used for her hair.and decided on using a redish pink for the top, i had to go over if a few times but it turned out great, theres lots of reds in this which makes me like it even more.
Here's a few detail shots to show some of the line work and shading that i do using my bic pens and white out. Enjoy.

No comments: